The clubs at RIVER CITY offers lessons starting for mommy, daddy, and their newborn. Learning to enjoy the water at an early age is an awesome feat. As the children progress to various levels, their health and growth are greatly improved. Also offered are private lessons, pre-team, and a competitive swim team. After the basic skills of swimming have been mastered, the advantages of youth involvement in a competitive-type swimming program are unmatched by any other sport. Since swimming is such a low impact sport, it increases lung capacity, aides in cardiovascular development, and continually improves motor skills, along with assisting advancements in hand/eye coordination. The skills, health benefits, and strength gained through swimming are transferable to most other sports. These are health benefits that last a lifetime! Swimming techniques also taught at The clubs at RIVER CITY can be used at appropriate times to save lives! This sport is a true life-saver!
SATURDAYS: 3:30-5:00PM – 45 minutes swim/45 minutes party room
Friday or Sunday parties available upon request – $200.00 – members save $50 (price includes 15 guests)
Included: PARTY ROOM, TABLES AND CHAIRS, CLEAN UP AND A LIFEGUARD/BIRTHDAY ATTENDANT
You are welcome to bring: DECORATIONS AND FOOD
NON-MEMBERS WILL NEED TO PROVIDE A SIGNED WAIVER. ALL CHILDREN WHO CANNOT SWIM INDEPENDENTLY WILL NEED TO WEAR A FLOATION DEVICE (YOU CAN BORROW OURS OR BRING YOUR OWN) AND NEED TO HAVE A PARENT IN THE POOL WITH THEM WITHIN ARMS LENGTH AT ALL TIMES.
NOTE: $50 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT DUE UPON RESERVATION AND BALANCE IS DUE A WEEK BEFORE EVENT.
CONTACT: ANITA, AQUATICS DIRECTOR, AT 309-693-5700 EXT. 250 OR email@example.com
SCHEDULE AND DESCRIPTION DOWNLOADS
Click Here for Session 10 Schedule
Swimming at Clubs at River City
Parent/Child: Ages 6 months – 3 years
These classes provide beginning swim instruction and introduction to the water. A parent must be in the water with their child. Classes are designed for the first-time swimmer who is afraid of the water or not yet ready to leave their parent. Students will learn water survival and beginning skills of a Level 1 class with the comfort of a familiar face.
Students begin swimming solo with a flotation belt and progress to swimming on their front and back with no belt. Safety and water survival skills are introduced.
Students learn rotary breathing, improve their backstroke, and increase their endurance without a flotation device. Safety and water survival skills are practiced and expanded.
Students learn the breaststroke and butterfly while they continue to work on freestyle and backstroke techniques and endurance. Lifesaving skills are practiced while learning how to use lifesaving equipment.
Youth Endurance Training Class
This class is geared towards children who have passed our level 3 class. This class will work on stroke technique and endurance work. Swimmers must be able to confidently swim one pool length to participate.
All levels welcome, ages 18+. Swimmers are assessed individually and lessons are taught to meet individual goals.
Items to note:
- Due to our small class size, we are unable to offer make-ups for missed classes.
- YFC Refund Policy: Should cancellation occur before the start of a session, full tuition minus a $25 processing fee will be refunded. Should cancellation occur after classes have started, no refund will be given. Please allow 2 weeks for processing.
- Swimmer Attire: Hair should be pulled back from the face or in a swim cap. Swimsuits must be worn. Infants, toddlers or any child not potty trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Students should arrive at least 5 minutes early and check in at the YFC front desk prior to class.
- Anyone not enrolled in a class is not allowed in the pool unless a lifeguard is present.
- Private lessons are available in addition to group lessons. Please see front desk for more information.
- All children must be accompanied to and from class by a parent, per DCFS regulations.
Swimming Program Fees/Session
|Level 1, 2, 3 (1 x per week)||$88|
|Parent/Child (1 x per week)||$60|
|Adult Instruction (1 x per week)||$70|
|Youth Endurance Training (2 x per week)||$110|
The following classes are prorated due to Youth Fitness Center being closed Tuesday July 4th.
- Tuesday’s classes are $70.40 for Level 1, 2, and 3.
- Parent/Child is $48.00.
Club members receive a 25% discount
Non-members receive a 10% discount on 2nd class/same child