Swimming at Clubs at River City
The Clubs at River City offers lessons starting for mommy, daddy, and their newborn. Learning to enjoy the water at an early age is an awesome feat. As the children progress to various levels, their health and growth are greatly improved. Also offered are private lessons, pre-team, and a swim team. After the basic skills of swimming have been mastered, the advantages of youth involvement in a competitive-type swimming program are unmatched by any other sport. Since swimming is such a low impact sport, it increases lung capacity, aides in cardiovascular development, and continually improves motor skills, along with assisting advancements in hand/eye coordination. The skills, health benefits, and strength gained through swimming are transferable to most other sports. These are health benefits that last a lifetime! Swimming techniques can be used at appropriate times to save lives! This sport is a true life-saver!
Swimming Schedule for Session 4: CLICK HERE!
Parent/Child: Ages 6 months – 3 years
These classes provide beginning swim instruction and introduction to the water. A parent must be in the water with their child. Classes are designed for the first-time swimmer who is afraid of the water or not yet ready to leave their parent. Students will learn water survival and beginning skills of a Level 1 class with the comfort of a familiar face.
Students begin swimming solo with a flotation belt and progress to swimming on their front and back with no belt. Safety and water survival skills are introduced.
Students learn rotary breathing, improve their backstroke, and increase their endurance without a flotation device. Safety and water survival skills are practiced and expanded.
Students learn the breaststroke and butterfly while they continue to work on freestyle and backstroke techniques and endurance. Lifesaving skills are practiced while learning how to use lifesaving equipment.
Youth Endurance Training Class
ONLY AVAILABLE IN SUMMER MONTHS
This class is geared towards children who have passed our level 3 class. This class will work on stroke technique and endurance work. Swimmers must be able to confidently swim one pool length to participate.
All levels welcome, ages 18+. Swimmers are assessed individually and lessons are taught to meet individual goals.
Items to note:
- Due to our small class size, we are unable to offer make-ups for missed classes.
- YFC Refund Policy: Should cancellation occur before the start of a session, full tuition minus a $25 processing fee will be refunded. Should cancellation occur after classes have started, no refund will be given. Please allow 2 weeks for processing.
- Swimmer Attire: Hair should be pulled back from the face or in a swim cap. Swimsuits must be worn. Infants, toddlers or any child not potty trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Students should arrive at least 5 minutes early and check in at the YFC front desk prior to class.
- Anyone not enrolled in a class is not allowed in the pool unless a lifeguard is present.
- Private lessons are available in addition to group lessons. Please see front desk for more information.
- All children must be accompanied to and from class by a parent, per DCFS regulations.
The pre-team is designed for swimmers age 5 and up who have passed the level 3 class and are interested in a more challenging way to use the skills they have learned. The pre-team will focus on better stroke technique and will cover the basic competitive swim skills to prepare them for the swim team.
The swim team is for youth between 6 to 17 years of age who want to improve their strokes and endurance. Swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool (25 yds) without stopping prior to starting the team. This class does not compete against other teams, but will learn competitive skills. By instructor invitation only.
Private Swimming Lessons:
Guarded Open Swim (only held went pools outside are closed):
If under the age of 14 years old, child must have adult present during open swim. Children in floatation devices must have a parent in the water in arm’s reach.
Saturdays on the YFC Side: 12 to 3:00 pm
Sundays on the Adult Side: 1 to 4:00 pm
For members: Free
For guests: $10.00
For class enrollees: $5.00