The clubs at RIVER CITY offers lessons starting for mommy, daddy, and their newborn. Learning to enjoy the water at an early age is an awesome feat. As the children progress to various levels, their health and growth are greatly improved. Also offered are private lessons, pre-team, and a competitive swim team. After the basic skills of swimming have been mastered, the advantages of youth involvement in a competitive-type swimming program are unmatched by any other sport. Since swimming is such a low impact sport, it increases lung capacity, aides in cardiovascular development, and continually improves motor skills, along with assisting advancements in hand/eye coordination. The skills, health benefits, and strength gained through swimming are transferable to most other sports. These are health benefits that last a lifetime! Swimming techniques also taught at The clubs at RIVER CITY can be used at appropriate times to save lives! This sport is a true life-saver!
Monday November 21 and Tuesday November 22
5:00-5:45pm – Beginners
5:45-6:30pm – Intermediate/Advanced$25/class (members save $5)
$45/both classes (members save $10)
Clinics and drills are designed to refine stroke technique in swimmers who are familiar with stroke work. Swimmers must be able to confidently swim 1 pool length to participate.
For questions, please contact Anita, Aquatics Director, at 309-693-5700 ext. 250
or at email@example.com
SATURDAYS: 3:30-5:00PM – 45 minutes swim/45 minutes party room
Friday or Sunday parties available upon request – $200.00 – members save $50 (price includes 15 guests)
Included: PARTY ROOM, TABLES AND CHAIRS, CLEAN UP AND A LIFEGUARD/BIRTHDAY ATTENDANT
You are welcome to bring: DECORATIONS AND FOOD
NON-MEMBERS WILL NEED TO PROVIDE A SIGNED WAIVER. ALL CHILDREN WHO CANNOT SWIM INDEPENDENTLY WILL NEED TO WEAR A FLOATION DEVICE (YOU CAN BORROW OURS OR BRING YOUR OWN) AND NEED TO HAVE A PARENT IN THE POOL WITH THEM WITHIN ARMS LENGTH AT ALL TIMES.
NOTE: $50 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT DUE UPON RESERVATION AND BALANCE IS DUE A WEEK BEFORE EVENT.
CONTACT: ANITA, AQUATICS DIRECTOR, AT 309-693-5700 EXT. 250 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Swimming at Clubs at River City
Parent/Child: Ages 6 mos. to 3 years
These classes are parent and child beginning swim lessons. A parent MUST be in the water with their child. Classes are designed for the first-time swimmer who is afraid of the water or not yet ready to leave their parent. Students will learn water survival and skills of a Level 1 class with the comfort of a familiar face.
Students begin swimming with a flotation belt and progress to swimming on their front and back with no belt. Safety and water survival skills are introduced.
Students learn rotary breathing, improve their backstroke, and increase their endurance without a flotation device. Safety and water survival skills are practiced and expanded.
Students learn the breaststroke and butterfly while they continue to work on front crawl and backstroke techniques and endurance. Lifesaving skills are practiced while learning how to use lifesaving equipment.
Youth Pre-Swim Team
The pre-team is designed for swimmers age 5 and up who have passed the level 3 class and are interested in a more challenging way to use they skills they have learned. The pre-team will focus on better stroke technique and will cover the basic competitive swim skills to prepare them for the swim team.
Youth Swim Team
The swim team is for youth between 6 to 17 years of age who want to improve their strokes and endurance. Swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool (25 yds) without stopping prior to starting the team. This class does not compete against other teams, but will learn competitive skills. By instructor invitation only.
All levels welcome, ages 18+. Swimmers are assessed individually and lessons are taught to meet individual goals.
Items to note:
- Only one makeup class per session may be given. Please arrange a makeup with the front desk prior to the date. Makeup lessons are not guaranteed. Space must be available on existing classes to accommodate.
- YFC Refund Policy: Should cancellation occur before the start of a session, full tuition minus a $25 processing fee will be refunded. Should cancellation occur after session has started, no refund will be given. Please allow 2 weeks for processing.
- Open swim is available for families and individuals of all ages. However, children under the age of 14 must be accompanied in the pool area by an adult 18 years or older.
- Swimmer Attire: Hair should be pulled back from the face. Swimsuits must be worn. Infants, toddlers or any child not potty trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Students should arrive at least 5 minutes early and check in at the YFC front desk prior to class.
- Anyone not enrolled in a class is not allowed in the pool unless a lifeguard is present.
- Private lessons are available in addition to group lessons. Please see front desk for more information.
- All children must be accompanied to class by parent, per DCFS regulations.
Session 8 Swimming Program Fees:
|Level 1, 2, 3, (1 x per week)||$88||Youth Pre-team ( 2 x per week)||$110|
|Parent/Child (1 x per week)||$60||Youth Swim Team (3 x per week)||$138|
|Adult Instruction (1 x per week)||$70|